- 1 day
- Thursday, 15 Oct 2020
- 10:30am - 6:00pm
- Central London (North), London, United Kingdom
- £195 (GBP)
Foundation level course in Chocolate Tasting.
Level 1 takes you through the basics of what is fine chocolate and the sensory elements used in chocolate tasting.
The Foundation course is designed to run over a single day workshop, as three evening class sessions or as three online webinar sessions plus self-study. Level 1 course provides a good grounding in chocolate tasting and includes tasting of 9 or more different origin or blended fine dark chocolate bars, tasted in different forms for an understanding of aroma, length, texture and taste.
The course finishes with a 30 question multiple choice exam based on the course content. Certificates will be issued upon achieving a pass mark.
Events and schedule
The fee for the combined Level 1 & 2 course includes £35 for registration with our accreditor, FDQ and issue of an official Ofqual (UK Government) approved certificate for the “FDQ Level 1 Foundation Award in Chocolate Tasting“, should you pass the assessment. No reduction is offered in the event of not passing the course and retakes will be charged at £60 for each level.
- What is fine chocolate
- Train the chocolate senses
- Taste and profile fine chocolate
- The main origins and varieties of cacao
- How cacao is produced
- How chocolate is made
- Recognize flaws in chocolate
- Direct sourcing, sustainability and ethics
- Take away study guide
- Certificate for exam passes
- All the chocolate and sensory samples you will need
This course would be perfect for you if:
- You love chocolate, and want to know more about the craft
- You work in the catering/pastry/fine chocolate industries and want to improve your clients’ experience
- You are considering launching a fine chocolate business
- You want to buy a fascinating and unique gift for someone
- You want to see just how good your palate is for chocolate