- 1 day
- Thursday, 5 Dec 2019
- 10:30am - 6:00pm
- Bangkok Art and Cutural Centre, Bangkok, Thailand
- £195 (GBP)
Foundation level course in Chocolate Tasting.
Level 1 takes you through the basics of what is fine chocolate and the sensory elements used in chocolate tasting.
Held over a one day workshop, the Level 1 course provides a good grounding in chocolate tasting and includes tasting of 9 or more different origin or blended fine dark chocolate bars, tasted in different forms for an understanding of aroma, length, texture and taste.
The course finishes with a 30 minute multiple choice exam based on the course content. Certificates will be issued upon achieving a pass mark.
- What is fine chocolate
- Train the chocolate senses
- Taste and profile fine chocolate
- The main origins and varieties of cacao
- How cacao is produced
- How chocolate is made
- Recognize flaws in chocolate
- Direct sourcing, sustainability and ethics
- Take away study guide
- Certificate for exam passes
This course would be perfect for you if:
- You love chocolate, and want to know more about the craft
- You work in the catering/pastry/fine chocolate industries and want to improve your clients’ experience
- You are considering launching a fine chocolate business
- You want to buy a fascinating and unique gift for someone
- You want to see just how good your palate is for chocolate
Events and schedule
*******************THIS COURSE IS NOW SOLD OUT*******************
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to join the waiting list and we will let you know if any places become available. Thank you!
PLEASE NOTE:THIS COURSE HAS BEEN RELOCATED
This course has now been relocated to Bangkok, due to the situation in Hong Kong. Please do contact us if you have any questions about this at email@example.com
Lunch is included. Please let us know any dietary requirements or allergies.
The fee for Level 1 includes £35 for registration with our accreditor, FDQ and issue of an official Ofqual (UK Government) approved certificate for the “FDQ Level 1 Foundation Award in Chocolate Tasting“, should you pass the assessment. No reduction is offered in the event of not passing the course and retakes will be charged at £50 for each level.