- 2 - 4 hours (webinar + self study)
- Mon - Sat, 9 - 14 Jan 2023
- 9:00am - 6:00pm
- Webinar + home study, Online
- €65 (EUR)
Introduction to chocolate basics, terminology and core concepts for those new to the fine chocolate world
Introduction to Fine Chocolate
This introductory course is for beginners or those new to the fine chocolate world. This short course will introduce you to the concept of fine or craft chocolate, explain the basics of how chocolate is made and introduce some of the terminology commonly used in the fine chocolate world. You will also learn the basic principles of how to taste chocolate.
This course is designed to be taken before the Level 1 Certificate in Chocolate Tasting course if you don’t already have a basic knowledge of fine chocolate.
There is no exam for this course. A certificate of participation is available from your learning provider on request.
This course does not include a tasting kit.
- The basics of how to taste chocolate, including aroma, flavour, look and touch
- How is chocolate made – the basic principles
- What is ‘fine chocolate’
- Where does ‘fine’ or ‘craft’ chocolate fit in the global chocolate market
- What to look for when buying fine chocolate
- How to store chocolate and keep it in the best condition
- Explanation of key terminology, such as tempering, couverture, moulding, ‘snap’, cocoa butter and more
- Learners planning to take Level 1 Certificate in Chocolate Tasting not already tasting or working in chocolate
- Anyone new to the fine chocolate world
- Sensory experts in other areas needed a quick start in fine chocolate
- Anyone needing a recap in chocolate basics
- Anyone wanting a quick introduction to Fine Chocolate from the experts