- 1 day
- Monday, 16 Sep 2019
- 9:30am - 5:30am
- High Park Brewery, Toronto, Canada
- $340 (CAD)
Foundation level course in Chocolate Tasting.
Level 1 takes you through the basics of what is fine chocolate and the sensory elements used in chocolate tasting.
Held over a one day workshop, the Level 1 course provides a good grounding in chocolate tasting and includes tasting of 9 or more different origin or blended fine dark chocolate bars, tasted in different forms for an understanding of aroma, length, texture and taste.
The course finishes with a 30 minute multiple choice exam based on the course content. Certificates will be issued upon achieving a pass mark.
- What is fine chocolate
- Train the chocolate senses
- Taste and profile fine chocolate
- The main origins and varieties of cacao
- How cacao is produced
- How chocolate is made
- Recognize flaws in chocolate
- Direct sourcing, sustainability and ethics
- Take away study guide
- Certificate for exam passes
This course would be perfect for you if:
- You love chocolate, and want to know more about the craft
- You work in the catering/pastry/fine chocolate industries and want to improve your clients’ experience
- You are considering launching a fine chocolate business
- You want to buy a fascinating and unique gift for someone
- You want to see just how good your palate is for chocolate